Shut Up and Let Me Go
Monday, September 07, 2009
Man, i need to rant. I'm kinda upset and whenever i think about it i wanna cry. Well, i actually did just now..
So here's the thing.. I've made known my desire to work in the UK after completing my degree next year to my dad. Yes, next year. It's so fast because it'll only take me 6 months to complete my degree if i undertake the summer program at Liverpool John Moores University. Which means, i'ld complete my degree next September. One year from now to be exact. Yeah, so anyways, i told my dad i wanna work in the UK after graduation and... well.. he thinks i'm not independent enough to live there on my own. Like wth... Really..
I honestly think i can do it. It's not like i dont know how to do household chores! Yes, i gotta admit i dont know how to do the laundry but i can learn! I can learn it before i go over to Liverpool to study. I dont see a problem. Shit, i'm starting to tear.. Oh man.. ARGH!!
I really really wanna settle in the UK. I'm serious about it. My dad may think it is just child's play or i'm saying this without much thought but i'm actually serious about it. I long to live in UK. For some reason, i'm really envious of the seniors who are in Liverpool right now. Some of them have sent out job applications there already. I'm so envious i wanna do it too. I dont know how i'm gonna convince my dad into letting me work overseas. What must i do to prove to him that i can survive out there on my own? He might think i'm being crazy or idealistic about this but i dont think i am.
Maybe dad thought that way because i have yet to consider every aspect of the issue. But seriously, saying that i'm not independent enough is such a lame excuse for preventing me from applying for a job in the UK. It only suggests that i'm juvenile.
Dad says that i should take it slow and only think about a job when i graduate. But then, shouldnt we make plans for the future? I dont like the idea of having a blur future ahead of me. It makes me very insecure and immature like i'm just some adolescent who havent given a thought about the future.
I dont think i've said this to many but i really wanna get outta the country. You can call it a desire, a longing or a dream. I've always wanted to leave the country and stand on my own two feet. Even if I wasnt independent enough, i know that being out there on my own would make me. When you only have yourself to depend on, life forces you to grow up. You dont have a choice.
Sigh. Ottoke?! There's only one song on my mind right now - Shut Up and Let Me Go. Yes, just shut up and let me go please!!